We've created a section for landlord FAQs which we hope will answer your most common questions - but if not, please get in touch as we're happy to help. We'll add to this section as questions come in, so do always check back if you have a query.
We offer a range of different services - we want to be as flexible and helpful to our landlords as possible. Our main services are:
- Full management of your property
- Tenant find only
- Advertise only
- Inventory services
- Marketing Photography services
We can design a bespoke package for you also - perhaps you want us to manage the property day to day, but would prefer to complete your own inventory or maintenance? We're happy to chat and see what we can do for you.
Yes! We offer non-obligation rental assessments, although we would love to work with you afterwards to help you achieve that. Contact us today to organise a meeting.
We're very keen to help landlords raise and maintain a high standard within their property, not only for our own portfolio but also to ensure that tenants in Aberystwyth enjoy their time here. We'll come over for a rent assessment and draw up a list of recommendations - it might be from simply decorating the woodwork to perhaps looking at a new kitchen over the next year or so.
We'll always try to be as honest as possible, and work with you rather than against you.
Much like the multi-coloured sticker on new appliances, EPCs tell you how energy efficient a building is and give it a rating from A (very efficient) to G (inefficient). They let the person who will use the building know how costly it will be to heat and light, and what its carbon dioxide emissions are likely to be. The EPC will also state what the energy efficiency rating could be if improvements are made, and highlights cost-effective ways to achieve a better rating. Even if you rent your home, some improvements noted on the EPC might be worth your while - such as switching to more energy-efficient light bulbs. Once produced, EPCs are valid for ten years.
If you let a property which is one of the following types then you do need a HMO Licence:
• An entire house or flat which is let to 3 or more tenants who form 2 or more households and who share a kitchen, bathroom or toilet.
• A house which has been converted entirely into bedsits or other non-self-contained accommodation and which is let to 3 or more tenants who form two or more households and who share kitchen, bathroom or toilet facilities.
• A converted house which contains one or more flats which are not wholly self contained (ie the flat does not contain within it a kitchen, bathroom and toilet) and which is occupied by 3 or more tenants who form two or more households.
• A building which is converted entirely into self-contained flats if the conversion did not meet the standards of the 1991 Building Regulations and more than one-third of the flats are let on short-term tenancies.
• In order to be an HMO the property must be used as the tenants’ only or main residence and it should be used solely or mainly to house tenants. Properties let to students and migrant workers will be treated as their only or main residence and the same will apply to properties which are used as domestic refuges.
If you would like further information relating to HMO properties in the Aberystwyth area, please follow the link below or call 01970 625562 to speak with a member of staff, who will be happy to assist with any questions you may have.